Friday, November 2, 2007

Too Much Halloween Candy!

Five kids (our four plus Drew's friend), five costumes, two parents, one minivan, and loads of candy. That's what our Wednesday night looked like. Tootsie Rolls, Three Musketeers (my personal favorite), Mike & Ike, Heath, Snickers, Hershey Kisses, Mary Janes, Butterfingers, M&M's, Tootsie Pops, Twizzlers, marshmallow eyeballs, Whoppers, and Reese's. That doesn't even begin to cover the enormous haul of candy our little trick-or-treaters brought home. How can five kids accumulate so much candy in one and a half hours? It's amazing how much ground they can cover when sugar's involved! After returning home we dumped the sweet confections into a giant mixing bowl. It was the only thing I could find that was enormous enough to hold the stash. The kids (and us, the parents) eventually got the kids settled down enough to go to sleep

I feel guilty for having all this candy when there are so many starving people in the world. I had thought I might contribute it to a local group that's sending candy to the troops in Iraq. Unfortunately, I heard on the radio today the candy is already being sent.

I will count my many blessings and continue rationing out the daily candy allowance to our clan, that is until I come up with a better plan.

No comments:

An Easter Mystery at 3 in the Morning!

Easter morning, 3 am we were awakened by our girls who were checking to see if the Easter Bunny had brought them any goodies. The girls ha...