Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Easy Tator Tot Casserole The Kids Love

I found this recipe in my Four Ingredient Cookbook my mom bought me a few years ago. I believe in simplicity, and when you're short on time using only 4 ingredients really helps speed things along. The recipe actually called for ground beef, but I substituted fat-free hot dogs because all the beef was frozen.

Ingredients:
1 large bag of frozen tator tots
1 can cream of chicken (or celery, or mushroom) soup
1 cup shredded cheese (your choice)
1 package hot dogs, cut up OR lean ground beef, browned

Spray an 11X13" pan with cooking spray and line the bottom of the pan with the hot dog pieces. (If you have very small children, be sure to cut the hotdogs up into very little pieces.) Next, pour the soup over the top of the meat. Then sprinkle the shredded cheese and finally, top with the tator tots. Bake covered at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, then uncovered for 15 minutes. I served this with veggies and ketchup and the kids (and the parents) loved it!

No comments:

An Easter Mystery at 3 in the Morning!

Easter morning, 3 am we were awakened by our girls who were checking to see if the Easter Bunny had brought them any goodies. The girls ha...