Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My Baking Experiment: Peach Cake Recipe

Okay, I'll admit it. . . I love to create recipes, throwing ingredients into a bowl, adding a touch of this and a hint of that. Sometimes, I'll admit, my creations come up a little short, but this time it was a success! David, the kids and I all loved it. Here's the recipe, if you're interested.

Peach Cake

Ingredients:
Cake:
1 box white cake mix
1 regular sized can of peaches, sliced into small pieces
1/3-1/2 cup orange juice

Frosting:
1 tub of fat free Cool Whip
1 T. peach jello mix (I used regular, but sugar-free might work too.)
1 small can mandarin oranges, mostly drained

In a large bowl mix the cake mix with the can of peaches (partially drained) and the orange juice. Put batter into a 13X11" pan and bake according to directions on the back of the cake mix box.
Let the cake cool completely. Meanwhile you can prepare the "frosting". Fold the peach jello mix into the Cool Whip. Then fold in the mandarin oranges. Spread the frosting on the cake and enjoy! The oranges and peaches really taste delicious together.

No comments:

An Easter Mystery at 3 in the Morning!

Easter morning, 3 am we were awakened by our girls who were checking to see if the Easter Bunny had brought them any goodies. The girls ha...