Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Easy Chicken And Stuffing Recipe For The Crockpot

I love my crockpot! It's been with me for several years now and has helped simplify my life and make me more efficient. I use it to make everything from soups and chili to Italian meatballs and roast beef. I love being able to just throw a couple of ingredients in and leave it to do it's magic while I get along with my day.

This morning I pulled out a recipe that I've made several times that the entire family loves. It's surprisingly healthy, yet at the same time hearty. I usually serve the dish with a vegetable side and tonight I'm baking a mocha chocolate cake for dessert.

Easy Chicken and Stuffing for the Crockpot
3 large or 6 small boneless chicken breasts
2 boxes of stuffing mix (sometimes I buy the chicken flavor, but today it's cornbread)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup (or any other cream soup such as celery or chicken)
1 cup chicken broth
Spray the inside of the crockpot with Pam cooking spray. Then place the chicken in the bottom. Next, in a large bowl, mix the stuffing mixes, cream soups and chicken broth. Simply spread the stuffing mixture over the chicken and cook for about 6-8 hours on low.

This makes enough to feed an army, and if you're like us, that's a good thing, but you can always cut the recipe in half if you're cooking for fewer. As is, the recipes makes 10-12 generous servings.

No comments:

An Easter Mystery at 3 in the Morning!

Easter morning, 3 am we were awakened by our girls who were checking to see if the Easter Bunny had brought them any goodies. The girls ha...