Friday, December 7, 2007

Enjoing the Christmas Season



I don't know about you, but between all the kids activities, Christmas concerts, and holiday get-togethers and parties, I don't have an abundance of energy by the end of the day. Add to that the impending ice storm that has been predicted, sick children, all the gifts I need to wrap, and treats to take to the Christmas dinners. . . and I could easily become stressed, my cortisol levels going through the roof (http://stress.about.com/od/stresshealth/a/cortisol.htm).

I know a lot of you can probably relate to this scenario. But. . . rather than being stressed out, (not that I have ever been before) this year I plan on enjoying the holiday season to it's fullest extent, and not stressing over the little things. I vow to soak up every hug, kiss, and smile from David the kids, savoring the joy and laughter the little ones give so freely. I acknowledge that there are (much) more important things that I want to focus on, so. . . even though potentially stressful moments are just lurking around the corner, I will do my best to be calm, cool, and collected this holiday season!

No comments:

An Easter Mystery at 3 in the Morning!

Easter morning, 3 am we were awakened by our girls who were checking to see if the Easter Bunny had brought them any goodies. The girls ha...